Tackling plastic waste
How you can help tackle plastic waste when you buy Wrap Wrap
Wrag Wraps are made from a fabric with a certified recycled plastic content of at least 45% and in many cases 100%. By using Wrag Wrap, you not only decrease the amount of paper ending up in landfill, but you also help to use up waste plastic. Please read below for some of the untold statistics on plastic waste.
- Nearly every piece of plastic EVER made still exists today.
- It takes about 450 years just for one plastic bottle to break down in the ground.
- From 2000-2010 our planet created and consumed more plastic than in the entire history of plastic before that.
- An estimated 56% of all plastics waste is used packaging, three quarters of which is from households.
- In Britain, we use about 275,000 tonnes of plastic bottles in our homes every year - that's about 15 million bottles every day.
- Today, Americans generate 10.5 million tons of plastic waste a year but recycle only 1 or 2 % of it.
- During 2006, plastic bottles worth around £50 million were disposed of in the UK at a cost of £100 million.
- The amount of plastic waste generated annually in the UK is estimated to be nearly 3 million tonnes.
- 1 tonne = 25,000 plastic bottles. Recycling 1 tonne of plastic bottles saves 1.5 tonne of carbon.